Friday, April 25, 2008

Last 2 days of teaching

Dear Friends and Family:

Last night we taught the lesson of Jesus celebrating the Passover with his disciples, tonight is Jesus arrest, and tomorrow is His death, burial, resurrection and ascension. The teaching is drawing nearly the entire village at this point, some for just the excitement that is there, and some to see what this is all about, but most to understand how the bridge-man (Jesus) was able to make a way back to God's side from Satan's.

Last night after we taught the lesson I sat with a group of men as they talked and discussed what has come, and what is coming in these last couple days:

My father Lawrence said this: "This is the first time we have heard the meaning of this talk, our thinking is coming clear on why Jesus came, and how he was the bridge-man (bridge between Satan's side and God's)."

Peter, my brother-in law, had this: "At night my wife (Merryrose) and sons sit and read this talk over and over. This is not a now talk, this promise talk started with Adam and it is coming true, God did not forget his promise, he followed it (fulfilled it) with the bridge-man, he would not leave us with our steal-father (Satan), our true father didn't forget us".

Rodney, my cassowary clan brother, who helped me with the last lesson 3 days ago and we believe is now saved said this: "This talk is very sweet, I tell you the truth, the last day of this talk is so sweet it will make your teeth tickle (it is really sweet)".

And my in-law Job, who also helped with that lesson and knows he is saved said this "The God of this river (pointing to the river by the teaching house), of these stars, he knows me, he did not forget me. He is my only real father, and when my person (body) goes back to the dirt, I will not be pushed far from him (separated from God) to the lake of fire, no! I know the road to the other side now, and I know who bought by book (his record of sins), and for that reason I will go with Him.

I am cutting this note a little shorter today because of the tasks still to do these last 48 hours. As I type Tony is firing up the chainsaw and we are cutting up a couple boards to make the cross for tomorrows lesson, Nina is meeting with a group of ladies to re-explain why Judas betrayed Jesus, Tara is down in the village meeting her mother and sisters, Tim is working on the translating a portion of Luke we will need, and Courtney is reviewing lessons with her family members (tribal family).

Some prayer requests for the last 2 days are these:

  1. Our health, (my voice) would hold up for tomorrows 2 hour and the day afters 3 hour lesson. Then as we stay up all night (last Sat night we had questions from about 40 guys till 4:30 in the morning) and talk through all the lessons that we would stay strong and keep our energy level high.
  2. That the people on the fence would understand very clearly the gospel message, and why for ones who are searching, this IS sweet talk.
  3. That God would do an incredible work in Yembiyembi over these next days, and see many come from Satan's side to God's.

Not much else guys, the specific times for teaching today will be 5:30 till 7:30 at night, and tomorrow 4:00 till 7:00.

Appreciate you all so much, and the way you have stood with us through all of this,

Brooks for Nina and Beau

2 comments:

x-one 5:15 said...

Hey Brooks...we're praising our amazing Father for how He is at work there!! By His Word...thru His servants...for His glory!

propelled by His love and grace,
bill koester
gillette berean

The Kenners said...
This comment has been removed by the author.